But enough about T.O. The Bills began their OTAs today!
(insert cliche cricket noises here)
...ok, I don't really know anything about them either, but it's blog-worthy so here I go.
Chris Brown did a good job of breaking it all down on BuffaloBills.com today. Most of the important notes were all fairly predictable...
- Terrell Owens, who is as talented as he is talked about, didn't have too much trouble getting acquainted with his new offensive teammates.
- The offensive line practiced in the positions we thought they would, for now. Langston Walker moved to left tackle while Brad Butler shifted out to right tackle. New addition Geoff Hangartner started at center and rookie guards Levitre & Wood (almost close enough to be a 70's TV cop duo) shared snaps with vets Kirk Chambers and other new guy Seth McKinney.
- Defensive end and salary mistake Aaron Schobel says he feels "100%" and is no longer suffering from a foot injury that kept him below his typical, average, underwhelming level.
The unexpected, but not quite interesting yet bullet points list is as follows...
- Derek Fine started as the first string tight end while lauded prospect Shawn Nelson got the majority of his snaps with the second and third unit.
- Reggie Corner got the starting spot at nickle corner. I's hard to tell how long that will last with Youboty recovering from injury, free agent addition Drayton Florence learning the defense and 'Lockdown' Leodis just, well, learning.
- C.J. Hawthorne, Ashton Youboty, John DiGiorgio, James Hardy and Marcus Stroud did not participate. Second-round draft pick Jairus Byrd will also miss OTAs due to a conflict with his final exams at Oregon. Who cares about grades? Ask Ko Simpson, you're worth millions now!
I can't say I've ever really paid much attention to football's off-season activities before, but I figure most of this means about as much as any other sports preseason practice, which is to say, it means nothing at all. But you can be sure we'll keep an eye on what's happening down at 1 Bills Drive.